Hiring Organization / Company: Wt Shade
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job title: Warehouse Associate
Reports to: Production Manager
Job purpose: This role works under the direction of the line supervisor and will primarily be responsible for multiple metal parts of the manufacturing of window shades, using established production procedures, following safety protocols and adhering to company’s quality standards.
Pay: $16 an hour
- Brand new warehouse facility
- FREE Medical plan offered
- Paid breaks
- Working for a company with longevity (over 40 years!) that appreciates employees!
Duties and responsibilities
1. Responsible for handling the different parts and components of our metal rollers and bars.
2. Using a tape measure to make precise measurements of metal to be cut.
3. Loading up the metal rollers and hembars.
4. Operating a high speed cutting saw by using basic computer skills and a computer application to set the cuts.
5. Properly labeling the rollers with the appropriate production labels.
6. Sorting the rollers and hembars per our production standard.
7. Storing each cut product in the proper location (metal rollers and hembars may weigh up to 50 lbs.)
8. Adhere to all company and OSHA safety codes and standards.
9. This role may be assigned other duties, as required, and the activities, duties, and responsibilities of this role may change at any time, with or without advance notice.
1. Positive team player who works well with others in a production environment.
2. Previous experience on a Production team a plus.
3. Good listening skills and able to follow directions well.
4. Basic computer skills, such as being able to find and open a web browser.
5. Good time management skills, and good attendance critical.
6. Must be able to pass a pre-employment written test on “how to read a tape measure”.
The following is representative of what must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer, stand for long periods in the production area, stoop / kneel to lift objects from the floor or low shelves, climb, and lift both hands over the head to reach for objects in tall cabinets.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Heavy lifting is required (up to 50 pounds).
- Exposure to moderate noise levels including production equipment, table saws, computers, phones, and printers.
About Us: WT Shade has been a leading manufacturer of innovative and superior quality interior roller shading products - both manual and automated - for over 40 years. We care for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We Make Natural Light Right.
EOE – all are welcome to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Masks required on site. Any employee with symptoms associated with covid are asked to immediately seek an accurate medical diagnosis from their healthcare provider, and provide appropriate "it for duty / return to work" documentation from their doctor.
- Are you able to reliably commute to our work location?
- Why do you think you are the best candidate for this role?
- production team: 7 years (Required)
- One location
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc 28273
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Normally, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not alone. There are a number of other folks out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center may also be easy if you understand the place to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and often overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply crucial training, assets, and systems for job seekers. These corporations can also be particularly useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A easy Internet scan for job firms in your areashould uncover where and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top function for that is to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can recurrently be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into an enduring job for the people who perform neatly during their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.