Hiring Organization / Company: Carowinds
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
$15 per hour!
The Houseman requires an approachable, friendly and polished demeanor with a guest focus mindset. As Houseman you will create a warm & welcome atmosphere throughout the hotel by maintaining clean and safe public spaces and delivering guest request. You will support the Housekeeping and Laundry Team and stay in good with all other departments to ensure the guest are well cared for and have a memorable stay experience while visiting the Carolinas!
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous hotel experience preferred, housekeeping or janitorial experience a plus
- Previous Marriott experience a plus
- Must have great people skills and spirit to serve
- Able to be on your feet for an 8 hour shift
- Ability to perform physical and repetitious tasks including pushing, pulling, lifting and gripping.
- Able to work morning and evening shift, weekends and holidays, indoors and outdoors
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Have independent problem solving skills and sense of urgency
- Ability to handle guest request and complaints
- Ability to remain calm during emotionally charged situations
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test per company policy unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references per company policy unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Have a warm and welcoming personality that can engage with guest and genuinely provide exceptional guest service and perform service recovery when needed.
- Perform routine troubleshooting for in-room issues and accommodate guest request
- Take immediate and necessary steps to correct any safety hazards and cleanliness issues according to brand standard and hotel policy
- maintain cleanliness of lobby, meeting room, restrooms, fitness center and all public spaces throughout shift (Sweep, mop, vacuum lobby, empty all trash cans)
- Clean windows/doors as needed
- Organize patio/pool deck furniture, set or remove cushions based on weather, empty trash
- Walk the parking lot and maintain clean and safe grounds
- Carpet cleaning
- Assist in guest room preventative maintenance program
- Complete trash and linen runs for the Room Attendants
- Stock and organize supplies
- Assist with inventory control
- Adhere to Company uniform and attendance policies
- Adhere to Company code of conduct
- Proudly represent the brand and company
- Other duties may be assigned
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the moment. Generally, you are going to have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are a number of other folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can also be simple if you know where to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are a fantastic and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide important coaching, property, and methods for activity seekers. Those companies can be in particular useful for younger job seekers or those with little running experience. A simple Web experiment for job firms to your areaought to discover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The top function for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can frequently be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.