Hiring Organization / Company: Central Piedmont Community College
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
Special Services Counselor (Special Services)
Job ID: req4255
Position Closing Date: June 23, 2021
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
Performs a variety of moderately complex administrative and clerical tasks related to determining the extent and nature of support services that specific students with disabilities receive.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the recruitment of students with disabilities by providing information to students or parents and developing brochures and other recruiting materials.
2. Interviews and evaluates new students to determine the scope of accommodation necessary in individual cases.
3. Provides personal, academic, vocational, and social counseling for students with disabilities.
4. Serves as informational resource to staff and faculty in regard to accommodations and modifications needed for students with disabilities.
5. Develops and maintains contacts with campus and community groups whose resources can be utilized.
6. Coordinates the provision of support activities and accommodates for individual students.
7. Reviews the records of assigned students periodically to monitor academic progress.
8. Serves as liaison between students and Vocational Rehabilitation Department.
9. Maintains files and records of counseling activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of various disabilities.
Knowledge of counseling techniques.
Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Requires a broad or in-depth body of knowledge as would normally be acquired through attainment of a Masters degree in Counseling and one year of Counseling experience.
- A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line. During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
- College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the "additional documents" section of the application process.
- Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
- All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary for this position is $42,935 - $48,516. Pay grade for this position is K. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Contract type is Professional. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval. CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County’s resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, CPCC is in close proximity to the Queen City’s growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 70,000 students call CPCC home, making it the largest community college in the Carolinas and a job training powerhouse as it strives to be the national leader in workforce development.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc 28204
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs this present day. Normally, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are a few other folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be simple if the place to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an improbable and recurrently overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply very important training, belongings, and systems for task seekers. Those companies can be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areamust discover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end objective for that is to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give firms the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into an enduring process for the people who perform neatly all over their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.