Hiring Organization / Company: Wake Forest Baptist Health
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Serves as a key member of the health care team and is a primary resource for assisting patients in navigating the care system. Reaches out to patients to provide support in the patient’s adherence to their individual care plan, assisting to identify and remove any logistical, emotional, or social barriers to treatment. Serves as the patients’ primary conduit to the health care provider as they help coordinate necessary services both within and outside the health system.
- Engages a population of medically vulnerable or chronically ill patients in their care, assisting them through the process of working towards better health by providing support, encouragement and education.
- Communicates and maintains relationships with other members of the Care Management team to promote a lifelong, proactive partnership with patients to enhance and personalize management of health-related needs.
- Completes screenings on patients for social determinants of health needs and refers as appropriate.
- Communicates with patients and caregivers in person, by telephone and via electronic means.
- Utilizes Chronic Disease Management protocols, under the direction of clinical teammates; monitors patient-reported biometrics, medication adherence, reported challenges/barriers and promptly connects the patient with the appropriate resources, and/or notifies the patient’s care team for additional follow-up.
- Provides customized, evidence-based patient education in a variety of areas, under the guidance of clinical teammates and based on the patient’s readiness to change; includes but not limited to weight management/exercise, tobacco cessation, stress reduction and chronic disease self-management. Uses Motivational Interviewing skills to engage and assist patient/parent/family.
- Assists providers’ offices/ medical home staff with member specific missed appointments through outreach and scheduling.
- Advocates and facilitates referrals to gain access to services and resources for patients, including patient assistance programs, community-based services and mental health support.
- Assists with the coordination of care across the care continuum and transitions of care (including home care, outpatient care, ER care, and hospital care) while maintaining strict patient confidentiality.
- Advocates to help those who frequently access inappropriate levels of care.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending and stooping. Must lift a minimum of thirty-five pounds shoulder high. Ability to travel/ drive between various locations is required for this position. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing and finger dexterity. Occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes and chemicals.
Education, Experience and Certifications
A High School Diploma or GED is required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must possess basic computer knowledge and ability to use Microsoft office applications. Strong organizational skills. Must have effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in community and clinic settings.
Our focus: Delivering the highest quality patient care, supporting medical research and education, and joining with partners outside our walls to keep our community healthy.
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the present time. In most cases, you’ll have no clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not on your own. There are a few people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if you recognize where to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an incredible and frequently lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often provide crucial training, property, and methods for task seekers. These firms may also be specifically useful for young job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A simple Internet experiment for job firms on your areaought to discover where and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The end objective for that is to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can often be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into an enduring job for the individuals who perform neatly all through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money when cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.