Hiring Organization / Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
Plasma Center Technician / Entry level Phlebotomist
Are you interested in working in the healthcare industry? Ready to make a career out of making a difference? As an entry level Plasma Center Technician at BioLife, you will receive on-the-job training and feel good about the work you do.
Life-saving work you can believe in.
Every day, the donors you meet will motivate you. The high-quality plasma you collect will become life-changing medicines. Here, a commitment to customer service and quality is expected.
A typical day for you may include:
- Exceptional Customer Service: Answer phones, and greet and focus on our donors, while ensuring the safety of donors and our team.
- Medical History Records: You’ll use your attention to detail to screen new and repeat donors, and take and record donor vital signs and finger stick results. You will use our Donor Information System, prepare donor charts, maintain accurate records, and coordinate donor compensation.
- Continuous Improvement: You will help to identify operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiate changes to center processes, as needed, through the use of company approved procedures.
- Supportive Teamwork: You’ll work in our fast-paced, team environment; ensure a clean and professional work environment; attend team meetings; work closely with your management team; and problem-solve together.
- Being Dependable: You’ll be there for our donors, which includes working a variety of shifts, Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
- Phlebotomy: You may learn how to install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot state-of- the-art plasmapheresis machines while ensuring the safety of our donors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to walk and/or stand for the entire work shift
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lean, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach above shoulders and below knees
- Ability to lift up to 5 lbs., and occasional lifting of materials up to 32 lbs. and rarely 50 lbs.
- Fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment from a distance
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require prolonged glove wear
- Experience working in food service, retail, hospital, lab, or a regulated environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced workplace
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - NC - Charlotte
Time TypeFull time
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc 28217
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the moment. In most cases, you are going to have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are a few other people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if the place to start out. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are a fantastic and frequently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly supply vital coaching, assets, and methods for process seekers. These corporations can be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A easy Web scan for job firms in your areaought to discover where and get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top goal for that is to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can often be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise change into into a long-lasting task for the people who carry out well all through their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.