Hiring Organization / Company: Vmware
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
As an Industry Data Strategy and Analytics Leader in the Global Industries group you will develop the data strategy and analytics approach that will drive industry vertical success. The role entails analyzing data for the various industries where we go to market, our current customer relationships, and identifying opportunities for growth based on data. Your role is to be analytical and a consultative thought leader that partners to craft an industry vertical strategy.
As a Data Strategy and Analytics Leader, you will:
- Develop analytics strategy for Industry Solutions Group, globally and across all industries, beginning with Financial Services
- Perform quantitative analysis and data mining of external industry data as well as VMware data
- Perform qualitative analysis including market research and external industry analysis
- Perform and/or work closely with the data sciences CoE and other EDA resources to provide exploratory data analysis, analytical modeling, model technique identification, and data-driven decision support
- Develop deep knowledge of VMware’s data assets, extract and prepare data for modeling from enterprise databases, using SQL and other tools, deriving and sharing insights from visualizations, correlations and other statistics with the greater analytics team.
- Facilitate internal stakeholder engagement discussions on business and data requirements, recommend solutions, and work with team members for solutioning
- Consolidate the findings from the analysis and present strategies and insights
- Derive insights from data that drives sales plays for GTM teams
- Wherever necessary take direct ownership by project managing an agreed objective/outcome
- Support the business development activities of VMware such as pursuit development and production of thought papers
- Well-developed core skills of research, analysis, presentation, and attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastically proactive and self-starter
- Ability to communicate and simplify complex topics
- Technical and Business writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of Business (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
- Presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and white boarding
- 2+ years of strategy consulting experience
- Understanding of VMware’s Solutions and Services
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Data Science
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Normally, you will don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a couple of folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center will also be simple if the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an out of this world and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly supply crucial training, belongings, and programs for process seekers. These corporations can also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little running enjoy. A easy Internet experiment for job firms in your areamust discover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The tip objective for that may be to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services can recurrently be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into a long lasting activity for the individuals who carry out well throughout their running.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money when cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.