Hiring Organization / Company: Quality Inn Chapel Hill
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Quality Inn Chapel Hill is looking for our next great General Manager.
Choice Hotel Experience Preferred.
The General Manager’s role is to successfully manage the overall operations of the hotel as well as to demonstrate excellent leadership skills. The General Manager must be able to ensure hotel profitability, maintain superior customer service standards, properly maintain the company asset and instill in others the ability and confidence to succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stay current with industry trends and monitors strengths and weakness of competition.
- Explore new business opportunities.
- Develop business plans designed to maximize property customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share.
- Ensure property business plans are aligned with company and brand business strategies.
Sales & Marketing
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing team to develop revenue generating strategies for property.
- Identify new business leads, develop tailored sales approach, and actively pursue leads with Sales & Marketing team.
- Ensure sales and marketing strategy is aligned with brand strategy and is effectively executed against established goals.
- Ensure ease and quality of guest booking with sales team.
- Create a cohesive and high-performance management team that continuously strives for positive results and improvement.
- Coach the management team by providing specific feedback and hold them accountable for performance.
- Create learning and development opportunities for team members.
- Create and effectively execute development plans for both direct reports based on their individual strengths, development needs, and career aspirations.
- Ensure that all managers are executing developmental action plans for their direct reports.
- Identify needs to strengthen property team.
- Actively support the staffing process.
- Ensure effective work processes, systems and teamwork are in place to maximize individual and overall hotel performance.
- Serve as a passionate brand advocate and ensures that the intent of the brand is reflected through the guest experience.
- Communicate a clear and consistent message regarding hotel and brand goals to employees, hotel leadership team, and owners.
- Serve as a role model by demonstrating exceptional work ethic and service delivery for all team members.
- Champion change.
- Inspire and motivate team to achieve “service excellence”.
- Review business related data such as market share, financial performance, inventory, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure property operates within budgetary guidelines to achieve profit margin goals.
- Ensure all team members are treated fairly, and with respect.
- Build rapport with team members by fostering an environment of open communication (open door policy).
- Ensure pay and benefits are appropriate for labor market.
- Celebrate the success of team members.
- Works with HR to control team member turnover.
- Work with Revenue Manager to develop effective pricing strategies.
- Identify ways to grow occupancy, REVPAR and market share.
- Actively participate in all weekly RevPar meetings.
- Build strong rapport with ownership group through proactive and on-going communications.
- Keep owners informed of brand initiatives and guest experiences.
- Provide owners with in-depth analysis of hotel performance, to include guest, financial and team members stats.
- Manage an effective balance between owner interests and Franchise interests and develops solutions that create value for both.
- Develop and effectively promote ideas for improving hotel service and profitability to ownership.
- Interact with guests on a frequent basis to obtain feedback about their experience.
- Utilize guest feedback to recognize outstanding team member service performance and improve service delivery.
- Emphasize and hold leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures, and for developing innovative ways to exceed guest expectations.
- Anticipate the needs of large groups or high profile guests in order to deliver flawless service.
Company/Brand Policies & Procedures
- Ensure property compliance with legal, safety, operations, labor, and brand product and service standards.
- Conduct routine quality assurance audits with specific departments.
- Hold management team accountable for performing audits on a regular basis.
- Conduct detailed walk-throughs to ensure building, public areas, kitchen, and grounds are well-maintained, safe, and meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Ensure that team members are properly trained and are performing to meet company/brand standards.
Hilton Experience is a must
- Four year college degree, preferably in Hotel Management.
- At least 2 years General Manager experience in similar size property.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented and excellent follow up.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
- Must have a proven track record of motivating associates to meet and/or exceed goals and to provide the highest quality of service to our guests.
- Comprehensive understanding of budgeting and forecasting, P&L analysis, RevPar, DayStar.
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Able to professionally handle progressive disciplinary action.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to include weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
*and any other job function deemed appropriate by corporate*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the toughest jobs at the moment. Generally, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are several folks out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an incredible and usually overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly supply critical coaching, belongings, and techniques for activity seekers. Those companies can also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms in your areaought to uncover where and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The end function for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give companies the way of screening candidates. Employment services can frequently be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise develop into into a long-lasting task for the people who carry out neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash when money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.