Hiring Organization / Company: Aldi
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
As a Store Associate, you’ll be responsible for merchandising and stocking product, cashiering, and cleaning to keep the store looking its best. You’ll enhance the customer shopping experience by working collaboratively with the ALDI team and providing exceptional customer service.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 32-40 hours per week
Starting Wage: $14.50 per hour plus a pay increase after the first year of employment
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Processes customer purchases, perform general cleaning duties, stocks shelves and merchandise displays neatly
- Provide exceptional customer service, assisting customers with their shopping experience
- Collaborate with team members and communicate clearly to the store management team
- Provide feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues
- Participate in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines and monitoring inventory for accuracy
- Adheres to cash policies and procedures to minimize losses
- Complies with all established company policies and procedures while upholding the security and confidentiality of documents and data
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to stay organized, give attention to detail, follow instructions and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner
- Meet any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Job Location Information:
Location: Matthews, Nc 28105
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs this present day. Most often, you’re going to don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are several folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can be easy if you know where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are tips to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an improbable and regularly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly provide critical coaching, assets, and techniques for task seekers. Those firms will also be in particular useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A simple Web scan for job firms to your areamust uncover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a selection to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide corporations the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can recurrently be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into a long-lasting task for the individuals who perform neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.