Hiring Organization / Company: Morris-jenkins
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Mr. Jenkins Told Me You Love Meeting New People!
You love being around people, and you like trying out new projects and activities. You’re tired of tedious, lonely jobs!
How would you like to be our new Front Desk Receptionist? You'll make $17-$20/hr to start!
As Front Desk Receptionist:
- You’ll support our recruiters. From helping conduct drug tests to updating interview documents, you’ll be a go-to helper for our recruiters!
- You’re great at communication. Whether it’s spoken or written, you know how to talk to people!
- You’ll sort and distribute mail. You’ll be handing out incoming mail, processing outgoing mail, and completing other mail-related tasks. Sometimes, you’ll pick up or drop off mail, or prepare postage labels.
- You’ll greet and support customers, visitors, solicitors, and employees. You’re the friendly face that first greets people when they walk in the building! If someone has a question, you can be trusted to help them (or find the right person who can!). If someone comes for an interview, you’ll make sure the appropriate people know.
- You’ll act as the main point of contact for our uniform company. This includes keeping accurate logs of uniform inventory and helping size employees for properly fitted uniforms.
- You’ll help with new hires. All our new employees go through orientation, and you’ll be able to help conduct orientation activities, as well as manage new hire documents.
- You’ll partner with other departments. Each department has their role in the company, and you’ll be working with a lot of them to follow through with information requests.
Some Highlights of the Job
- Your resume and application are great, but is it really fair to assume a piece of paper truly captures YOU? We don’t think so. As a part of your application, you need to complete a Sparkhire one-way video interview! It’s short, simple, and surprisingly fun! Complete the interview here: https://hire.li/2d7f15f
- Morris-Jenkins was voted Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
All About YOU
- You feel best when you help others. You’re not afraid to go the extra mile to help people. You feel most fulfilled in a job when you know you’re making a difference!
- You’re good at making friends. You’re energetic and fun, and you thrive when you’re around people. You don’t want a lonely job!
- You’ve worked with customers or behind a front desk before. Maybe you haven’t been in this kind of job for long, and that’s ok! You have at least a little experience, and we can work with that.
- You’re internet and computer savvy. You know your way around the essentials: Outlook, Word, and Excel!
- You’re flexible. Not the touch-your-toes type of flexible. The kind that’s ready and willing to jump into the action to get things done!
The people at Morris-Jenkins are so happy here, they even voted us for the Charlotte Observer’s “Top Workplace” award in 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2020! We have HUGE company breakfasts, fiestas, contests, and more!
Submit your application online today!
The Super-Fun HR Stuff
- At least one (1) year experience in a receptionist or administrative experience
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Demonstrated competency in Windows-based PC environment, keyboarding proficiency, internet savvy, and use of automated systems
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- High school diploma or GED
- Alignment & commitment to company values (honesty, integrity, fairness, and respect)
- Ability to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language
- Prior front desk reception experience
- Prior experience support recruiting efforts
- Additional years of experience in customer service
- College degree
Essential Job Functions per the ADA
Mental & Physical Demands and Work Environment: The characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a person to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This job description is subject to change and does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Physical Demands: Must be able to remain in a stationary position, over 95% of time for 8 hour shifts. Constantly operates a computer, phone, and other office equipment.
Mental Demands: Must be able to perceive and distinguish emotions, as well as deal with adversarial confrontations. Requires an ability to concentrate and prioritize multiple tasks at once.
Work environment: Must maintain discretion and confidentiality with company information.
- Must have reliable attendance
Morris-Jenkins is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. We proudly serve the following cities: Ballantyne, Belmont, Charlotte, Clover, Concord, Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, Fort Mill, Gastonia, Huntersville, Indian Trail, Kannapolis, Lake Norman, Matthews, Mint Hill, Monroe, Mooresville, Mount Holly, Pineville, Rock Hill, and Waxhaw. Charlotte is located in Mecklenburg County, but Morris-Jenkins also services Gaston county, Cabarrus county, Rowan county, Union county, Iredell county, and York county (South Carolina).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc 28273
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Generally, you are going to have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a couple of other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can be easy if you realize the place to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and recurrently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly provide vital training, property, and systems for task seekers. Those corporations can also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A easy Internet experiment for job firms to your areashould discover the place and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The top objective for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment products and services can often be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into a long-lasting job for the individuals who carry out smartly all through their working.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of money whilst cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.