Hiring Organization / Company: Kgpco
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
KGPCo is the country's largest communications product distribution and service solution provider in the telecommunications industry. A Tier 1 woman-owned diversity business, KGPCo is the only large-scale organization that combines a comprehensive suite of communication network management, engineering, and implementation services with a national logistics network and portfolio of manufacturer partnerships. In addition, our recently launched Solution Innovation Center serves to evaluate cloud solutions developed and operationalized in a live network environment.
We are uniquely positioned, connecting a diverse set of customers and partners, providing us with valued perspective.
Our customers are network operators, integrators, contractors, utilities, cloud services providers, neutral host providers, equipment manufacturers and enterprises who connect people, places and things.
We are looking for individuals who are seeking employment in telecom. The Fiber Optic Technician is responsible for providing high-quality customer service in all Outside Plant areas, including, but not limited to Customer premises, Fiber huts, and in the field. The Fiber Optic Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting fiber optic issues including responding to the customer, determining fault locations, and making necessary repairs to restore fiber services. T he Fiber Optic technician is required to take excellent care of our customers, build relationships, work with our subcontractors to coordinate response task, and be a champion of customer service. This position does require the individual to be on call during specified times.
SAFETY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to, promote, and accept personal responsibility for compliance to:
- Federal and Local Occupational Safety and Health Regulations
- Telecom Industry Consensus Standards
- KGP Injury and Illness Prevention Program Manual
- Participate in job site safety/hazard analysis
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physically placing, removing, or modifying non-working equipment or small excavation of buried splice enclosures or fiber optic terminals including:
- Location and uncovering vaults, handholes, splice enclosures
- Pulling fiber optic cable as needed for repairs
- Install or remove equipment installed in a fiber optic hut
- Troubleshoot and/or test Fiber GPON service from end user to fiber hut utilizing an OTDR to locate trouble locations
- Perform service installs at end user locations for GPON services ensuring proper light levels and connecting end user equipment
- Identify, label, and terminate fiber optic cables
- Fusion splicing of fibers and proper dressing of cable and splice trays within an enclosure
- Review, analyze, and interpret work orders, drawings, records, and manuals
- Interact with all members of the organization; Installation, Engineering, Project Management
- Provide updates to service tickets into KPG and/or customer ticketing system
- Be on call available 24 hours per day during specified on call schedule and able to respond to customer outages
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor
- Exhibit personal power and leadership
- Exhibit self-awareness
- Exhibit a tendency for continuing education and self-improvement
- Exhibit enthusiasm and determination
- Exhibit industry awareness
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills
- Exhibit a strong problem-solving approach
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, Technical degree preferred
- Possess 1 ½ years-experience or equivalent as determined by training program and demonstrated proficiency
- Demonstrate proficient use of Microsoft programs and applications
- Demonstrate proficient use of IOS and/or Android applications
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Work at heights
- Work at depths, such as under raised floors, underground vaults, etc…
- Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
- Maintain balance while performing construction tasks while on a ladder
- Reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate small wires and objects
- Regularly walk and perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; participate in group lifts for 50+ pounds. Carry objects weighing up to 49 pounds for short distances.
- Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration
- Push or pull heavy objects into position and apply muscular force quickly to objects and equipment
- Distinguish between colors
- Work in a noisy environment
- Willing to travel
KGPCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Location Information:
Location: Charlotte, Nc 28213
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the present time. Usually, you’ll don’t have any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not alone. There are several other people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be easy if you know where to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are tips that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an out of this world and commonly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply critical coaching, assets, and programs for process seekers. Those firms can also be in particular helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A simple Internet experiment for job firms on your areamust discover where and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The tip goal for that may be to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into a long-lasting job for the individuals who carry out smartly during their running.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.